Before signing a lease agreement, it is crucial that you obtain independent legal advice about the terms and conditions of the lease. Our lawyers advise and assist both landlords and tenants in all aspects of leasing including commercial and retail leasing. We also provide general residential leasing advice, including Tenancy Agreements.
As a tenant, before you enter into a lease agreement it is vital that you have an understanding of your obligations. Our lawyers will review the contract and answer your legal questions. Our lawyers have extensive experience of the requirements of commercial and retail leases and can assist you with:
- Landlord – constructing leases
- Reviewing and advising on terms and conditions and clauses of leases
- Rent reviews and determination of current market rent processes
- “Prescribed” outgoings and costs
- Fixtures and fittings and ‘put right’ provisions
- Dispute resolution including appearance at VCAT and the Small Business Commission